Juniors progression path
FUN, simple, skill orientated sessions with some fundamental movement skills.
When: 8:30am Sundays
Duration: 10 weeks
This class is for kids who are in the Cadets, or Junior Members course. The focus is on maintaining basic fundamentals and eradicating bad habits before they develop.
When: Enquire at pro shop
Cost: $10 per week
Juniors who have an official handicap are eligible to play in the members 18 holes competitions. Sunday competitions have a designated time slot for juniors.
When: 11:30am Sundays
Information for Parents
- We supply equipment for all "Learn to Golf" clinics. We supply some sets for kids to assist them commence in the "Let's Play Golf" program. Cadets and Junior members will need their own equipment. Our pro's can guide you with this and ensure you get suitable equipment for your child at the best value for money.
- Praise achievement but do not be critical or instructive. Make sure your child knows you are proud of their great shot, round and attitude.
Let the coaches coach. Coaching and instruction from parents and coaches can confuse the child and has little positive impact.
- Make car rides positive. Let your child know that you are their biggest supporter and that you will be there for them whether they win, lose, play well, or make mistakes.
- Improvement is not linear. Expect your child to take two steps forwards and one step back as they progress. Golf can already be a difficult game, now imagine you are constantly physically growing and the ball is now further away.
- Focus on process and effort, not results. Your priority should be that your child feels good about themselves and are happy so they are motivated to play again tomorrow